Mike Kelly, the man
- Over 50 bottles in his collection!
- No spreadsheet
- Keeps bottles neatly organized in an old wine cabinet
- Cilantro! Really, Jared.
- Early sips of Scotch set him on the path. Plus he’s Irish. His words, not ours.
- Maker’s Mark and Woodford Reserve influential in college
- 2012 wife encourages his Whiskey habit.
- DRNK CLTR PSA: Try before you buy!
What is your daily drinker or go to bourbon?
If you were on a deserted island and you could only keep one app on your phone, what would it be?
What is your go to bar to grab a drink?
What is your go to restaurant?
You’re going to prison, you have one last meal. What is it?
What is your go to cocktail?
Tasting: Ryes on Ryes on Ryes
- Willett Family Estate 5 year, 109 proof
- Willett Family Estate 9 Year, 113.4 proof
- WhistlePig Boss Hog Independent III, 120 proof
New Scoring System
1 Star – Pass. Would not buy.
2 Stars – Buy it at the bar.
3 Stars – Buy a bottle or a six pack.
4 Stars – Buy a bottle to impress or to share.
5 Stars – Add to my collection. I have to have it or I'll die.
The overall winner is.....
Willett Family Estate
WhistlePig Boss Hog
Masters of Scale Podcast
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Late Harvest Kitchen
Pint Room Camel
Libertine Liquor Bar
Bourbon: The Rise, Fall, and Rebirth of an American Whiskey
WhistlePig buyout article
Buffalo Trace Antique Collection